- 5:00 A.M. Pick up from the hotel
- 5:15 A.M. Departure by car from Cusco - Train station (Ollantaytambo)
- 7:20 A.M. Travel by train to Km 104
- 8:20 A.M. Walk of Km 104 - Wiñayhuayna
- 11:45 A.M. Rest, Visit and Lunch
- 2:00 P.M. Walk to Machu Picchu
- 4:30 P.M. Descent by bus to Aguas Calientes 25 min.
- 6:30 P.M. Dinner and overnight.
- 5:00 A.M. Breakfast
- 5:30 A.M. Go up by bus to Machu Picchu 25 minutes approx.
- 6:00 Sunrise at Machu Picchu.
- 7:00 A.M. Guided tour in Machu Picchu 2 hrs. approx.
- Free time to visit on your own.
- 1:30 P.M. Return to Aguas Calientes.
- 4:12 P.M. Return by train to Ollantaytambo
- 5:50 P.M. Transfer by car, Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- 8:00 P.M. Arrival in Cusco and transfer to the hotel
DAY 1: CUSCO – WIÑAYWAYNA - MACHU PICCHU
Early in the morning, we will pick you up at your hotel for transferring you to the train station in Ollantaytambo for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, during the tour, you might see the Sacred Valley of the Incas, farmland, majestic snow; Ollantaytambo and board the train that will take you to the km. 104 the journey is approximately 1 hour. It is here at Km 104 (2,200 masl / 7,217 ft.) where we will begin the walk, pass the bridge that is on the Urubamba river or Willkamayuc which translated from Quechua means "Sacred River" which was very important to them. Upon reaching the checkpoint, you'll have to show identification documents either Passport or Certificate of Alien Registration and National Identity. 15-minute walk is where there is the archaeological center and Choquesuysuy Chachabamba that are hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after this visit, we will begin the walk through stands in ascending up to the next place, in the way, we will observe the Sacred Valley , waterfalls and different types of orchids semi-tropical forest, after 4 hours of walk, we'll reach Wiñaywayna (2,650 masl / 8,694 ft.) which shows a perfect example of what was farming at the time of the Incas, as along its slopes lie a large number of circular terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural products. The name "Wiñaywayna" comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and whose meaning in Spanish "Young Forever " and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the "Temple of the Iris Rainbow" also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy the lunchbox to refuel and continue until we reach Wiñaywayna control.
In this second part of the journey, we're going to walk two hours through an Andean road, stone staircases and drums ("resting places") until the Inti Punku - "Puerta del Sol /Sungate" (2,720 masl / 8,923 ft) in time of the Incas, it worked as an access control point to the citadel of Machu Picchu; from here, you may have a breathtaking panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the valley that surrounds it, then we'll descend for about 30 minutes to the wonder of the world: Machu Picchu (2,490 masl / 8,169 ft.) and finally we'll take the bus to "Aguas Calientes" - Machu Picchu People (2,160 masl / 7,086 ft.), the trip takes 25 minutes, here we're going to spend the night in a hostel. If you are not too tired, you can visit the hot springs that is 5 minutes from the village the cost is 10 soles. For those who like to dance and have a few drinks in a bar, we'll inform you that "Aguas Calientes" has a variety of bars and restaurants including an ATM, in case you wish to withdraw money from the bank.
Hostel night in the village of “Aguas Calientes”.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
This day, we will wake up very early and after breakfast we're gonna board the first bus at 05:30 a.m, we will travel 30 minutes getting to the Citadel of Machu Picchu at 06:00 a.m and appreciate the majestic sunrise. We will have a guided tour of 2 hours and 30 minutes to know the most important places of Machu Picchu tour, you can visit the most amazing places as the Royal Mausoleum, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Main Temple, the Sacred Square, the famous Intihuatana where wise Incas tied the sun on the winter solstice in June, steps, squares, fountains, etc. After the tour, you have some free time over 04 hours to visit Machu Picchu on your own.
In due time, we will descend from Machu Picchu to the village of "Aguas Calientes" to board the train back to Cusco, next time of arrival to Cusco 08:00 p.m.
End of the services.
- Departure dates: We have groups for the Camino del Inca every day of the year. Less February, when the Inca Trail is closed throughout the month. The month of February you can visit Machu Picchu by train. More is not possible to do the Inca Trail.
- Availability: To the Inca road of 2D / 1N Only 250 people per day are allowed. This figure includes tourists, guides, porters and cooks. The quotas are for all the people who wish to carry out the Inca Trail. So to make the Inca Trail it is essential to book months in advance. The availability of seats for the Inca Trail is the same for all agencies. Therefore before making your reservation, please check availability by contacting our email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foreign tourists or Peruvians with a student card and current date, get a discount.
- We also offer special discounts for groups of more "05 people" For more information write to the email email@example.com
HUAYNAPICCHU AND MACHUPICCHU MOUNTAIN
- To climb to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, there is a limit of spaces per day, it is recommended to make the reservation in advance.
- Once the quotas for Huaynapicchu or Montaña are exhausted, there is no option to obtain income.
- People who make the Inca Trail and wish to climb Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, have to make an extra payment of $ 75.00 USD.
- IMPORTANT: Before requesting the ticket for the Huaynapicchu or the Machu Picchu mountain, check availability by contacting our email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pick up from hotel in Cusco.
- Transfers from hotel to the train station.
- Train ticket Ollanta to Km. 104
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English-Spanish)
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Food (1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner).
- Bus ticket Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes (outward / return).
- 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes (hab. Double).
- First aid kit, oxygen bottle
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Lunch on the last day: after the guided visit to Machu Picchu.
- Visit the thermal baths in the village of "Aguas Calientes".
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BRING
- Carry original passport and card of migration (TAM).
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking).
- Wear hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Caryy trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- (Very important) Headlamp.
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Insect repellent.
- Wear rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a rain poncho plastic.
- Carry a toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Swimwear for the hot springs (optional).
- Carry a water Bottle (recommended 1 liter).